Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Will Yami No Matsuei be discontinued?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member OfudaMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by miyun:
    I didn't think Viz was totally and utterly awful, but i have more problems with it than i do Tokyopop. I don't really like their translation of Gravitation, though... it annoyed me. ._.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to agree with you on that one. Gravitation is my favourite manga, but they kept adding in all these weird American music references and changed around the way the characters talk...but I've bought them all anyway, cause I love it that much

    And Viz gets points for making Rurouni Kenshin cheaper...I ahve to pay 16$ per Graphic novel from Tokyopop, which is expensive enough for Fake and Gravi, but I couldn't handle a long series like Rurouni Kenshin....16 X 30something? [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
    I'm just glad someone FINALLY picked up YnM

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah same here. oh yeah and btw that thing with the angels, yeah that happened when they released number five of gravi early? YUKI SMILES!!!! Not a sarcastic smile like always, but a real, honest to goodness, I think I love you, smile!! Hmmm could that be considered a spoiler? Well not really cuz I didn?t tell you WHY he smiled... well not really... anyways

    you pay $16 PER MANGA!?!?!?!? Where are you buying them from?!?! Geez and I thought my $9.95 was bad?

    p.s. love your quote, lol. And isn?t the rest of that? ?and to do it in this series(Gravi)? hehehe can?t wait to see that *smirk*

  3. #13
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^^ i would very much like to see "that scene", though i doubt it happened. Gravitation has been described as nothing more than shonen-ai, so i think the only "nasty, erotic scenes" are in the Remixes. ^.^

    I was very pissed off with all those American Music references... it made me want to know what they were originally, and what a closer translation would be like... *sighs*

    wah!! Tokyo Babylon. XD i was so happy when i saw it on the shelf... ._. ^^ *hugs it tight* i was kinda sad that it was so short, though. -.- and any dramatic tension that was there was kind of dispelled because i already read X/1999...

    Ayska, i'm not worried. ._. is that bad? i think we're all that way.

    bwa! Viz stuff used to be so damn expensive *dies* they made a lot of stuff cheaper, but its still damn expensive anyway.. ._. since i discovered manga, i've been perpetually hovering around the status of "broke".

    i'm kind of happy that someone's got YnM... at least i'll be able to read it outside of the computer room, and perhaps spread its glory. ^^ though selfishly, i want it all to myself in a way...

    i don't know the conversion from American $ into ?, but here in the UK, tokyopop books are generally around ?6.99, and Viz ones are around ?7 to ?8.... though stuff like Ceres is still around ?12 at the most expensive. some of X/1999 still hovers at around ?10.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 28, 2004 02:11 PM: Message edited by: miyun ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uh huh ?that scene?? really wish that would happen in Gravi? the remixes just kinda scare me cuz I read Gravi first and got so used to the characters in their ?love mode? (pun really not intended) instead of just hardcore sex. Meh but whatever I read them anyways. *smirk*

    Yeah they so should have just kept the trans the way it is. I mean they could have explained it at the back and if not then the people could research it. I mean come on, if you have time to read/but/download manga you should be able to spare a minute to look something up? *ignores the fact that she is one of these people* hehe ^_^;; anyways

    Yeah they made them cheaper than before which is really nice cuz I was not looking forward to spending $16.95 on one freakin manga. Don?t get me wrong I still would have bought the mangas I would just complain more than I do now, lol.

    Yeah I am really happy about someday holding the actual manga of YnM in my hands. there is just something so different about reading the manga on the compy. I mean you can remember the scenes so much better when you hold the actual manifestation of pure joy? especially the parts where Yuki and Shuichi are "together"... yup

    Um asked about the conversion and I THINK the conversion is 2.2 (insert pound sign that Ayska failed miserably to find on the compy) to every us $. Don?t know for sure, and I really don?t know how that would compare to what else you could buy with that money so it really doesn?t help us much ne? oh yeah and all the manga are priced the same except hellsing and Tsubasa (even though the difference is really only a dollar) which is by a new manga co. called DelRey? Yeah well they?re doing some Clamp and also books by the guy who did Love Hina? blah.

    wow this was a looonnnngggg post... guess I'll go now

    edit: oh yeah and on a back note I'm in total panic mode right now because Gravi number 6 hasn't come into the bookstore yet and it's supposed to be released on June 1st!!!! I asked the people is they could check to see if it was on it's way and it's... it's, it's ON BACK ORDER!!!! which means it's acually going to be *gasp* LATE!!!! WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *runs off crying like a baby (i didn't just turn 19, no way)

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 28, 2004 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Ayska ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member OfudaMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm up to number five in Gravi now, what I really like about that they didn't do in the anime is that Shichi and Yuki move past the whole Shuichi is clingy and genki and Yuki is a jerk thing...they have sooo many cute scenes in Vol 5...
    Personally I greatly enjoy the remixes...Murakami-sama is my brain buddy completely, I was scared when I first read them 'cause I was like "I CAN SEE SHUICHI'S peeenis [img]eek.gif[/img] " But I got over that quickly enough, pervert that I am...heh heh [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I think it's lame how expensive manga is, considering how cheap it is in Japan, and they can just over charge because those of us who can't read Japanese don't have any other option...*grumble grumble* Gravi is going to cost me about 200 dollars in the end...

    Ooh! And the first DVD comes out June 29th!!!!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *dies and is subsequently revived*

    waaaaaaaaah! i read on another forum that YnM is truely going to be released by Viz. o_O;;; eeeeee!~ under the title "decendents of darkness" with the words "yami no matsuei" underneath. I dont know if it's true, but i'm half hoping yes, and half hoping no.

    anyway, the remixes of Gravi... ^^; when i discovered them, it was by mistake. ._. i thought they were Gravitation scanlations <this was ages ago> and downloaded them. when i saw what was in them i freaked. then i realized they were remixes. >_< fuu. which one is your favorite? ^^

    in the anime, i had this HUUUGE grudge against Yuki. I thought he was being too mean to shuichi. ._. It's very different reading manga on computer than from having it in your hand. ^^ it's strange. ^^

    as for the ? sign, if you press alt, hold that key down, and press 156 on the number pad at the side, you'll get it. I know this because i have an american keyboard.. ^^; i dont know, and cannot be bothered to do maths, but i'm pretty sure they amout to about the same thing.

    I have Gravi up to book 6. actualy, i don't have books 2 and 3, but i borrowed them from a friend. ^^ I think i'll buy them anyway, though... except in japanese, since its cheaper.

    i... want... these... damn... DVDs....

    why do they have to have region numbers? why! why! whyyyyyy!!!!!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah I?m a real sucker for the cute scenes. Even with Yaoi (which is just weird I know) I like having some kind of story behind it. I mean I?ll read it anyways but if there isn?t some cute story behind it, I?m not a big fan? *is just weird*

    I know!!!! It?s just sooo freakin expensive!!! But I buy it anyways!!! WHY!?!?!?!? Even the stuff that I have on my compy, it?s really pathetic. Actually how much are manga in japan?

    ?Ooh! And the first DVD comes out June 29th!!!!? *suddenly gets very serious* ok where did you see this? Hmmmm? *tries to control herself* geeehhhhh? *doesn?t work* OMFG!!! It?s really coming out?!?!?! It?s really coming out?!?!?! Aahhhh!!!!! I can?t believe it!!!! I mean I had heard they were having trouble because of the licensing on the songs from Nittle Grasper and it wouldn?t be out for a lot longer!!!! Omg *screams so long from pure joy that she bursts a blood vessel in her neck* ow

    mistake finding the remixes? Yeah sorta the same here I mean I thought they were part of the series only later on or something like that. Er maybe they really are? *shrugs* whatever they?re weird but I still read them, lol.

    ????????????? weeee this is fun!!! I showed my family what I could do and they were very impressed!!! ^_^;;

    P.S. omg I didn't post yesterday!!!! actually I woke up at 4:00 to go to a horse show in Illinois. long day finally got home at about 6:00 read a bit of Ender's shadow (sequel to Ender's Game which is just wonderful. recomend it to everyone I know) and promptly fell asleep til 9:30 this morning. wow that's a lot of sleep! haven't slept that long in my life (escept in infancy) even when sick... [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] plus it's really stormy today so there's nothing to do. not that this has anything to do with this post I just felt like mentioning it ^_^;;

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 30, 2004 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Ayska ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^.^ cute scenes are the best!!~~~ with yaoi, i don't really care, but it's always nice to have some kind of story, but without one, it's ok to me too, because it's supposed to be kind of pointless. ._.

    *kills prices* i dont understand. ._. stupid stupid. i spent ?25 on manga today. (managed to get vol.6 of Gravitation *hugs it*) and some X/1999...

    as for manga in japan, when i get imports from here they're about half the price of the translated stuff. They've been shipped here all the way from japan, so that ups the price a little, i think, but they're still around the range of ?3.99, and the most expensive is about ?5. if that's how it is, imagine how cheap it would be in Japan. o.o

    *dies* the DVD.. i want it so much.. i also thought that it would come out later. they were delaying it, weren't they? o_o but it wouldnt have mattered anyway. *sighs* i wouldn't be able to get it here... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

    yeah. it was a mistake, but i kept them. ^^; *has them on the computer* if i find them IRL, i'll buy them, just to freak the world out. ^^ *blushes*

    i considered the remixes part of the story, even though they technically aren't, since they're doujinshi. i figured, "if Maki Murakmi wrote them, and she's the creater of the real thing, then it's all one and the same." (imagine a big fangirly grin as i say that)

    ???? ^^ it is fun. [img]tongue.gif[/img] there are other number combinations too. ^.^ hold down alt, and then press 789 to get: ? and 9999 to get: ?

    those are my favs. ^^ if you find any more cute symbol things, tell me. ._.

    you should get some sleep, Ayska. ^^; it's good to have a rest. ._. have some fangirly dreams while you're at it, too. ^^;;

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    eh yeah I guess asking for a plot in Yaoi is really kinda contradictory but hey I can hope can?t I?

    ooohhhhhh (swears profusely... for a long time) grrrrr I?m sooo freakin mad at myself right now I could just kill!!!! I went to Waldenbooks tonight hoping against all hope that they would have Gravi #6 but it wasn?t on the shelf so I resigned myself to some books from the series ?Ender?s Game? by Orson Scott Card and Saiyuki? well I get home tonight and there?s a note on the counter saying that my book is in and they?re holding it for me...... GGGAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was RIGHT THERE!!! I could be reading it RIGHT NOW!!! But noooooo I don?t ask or anything I mean it was supposed to release today duh! How many other people have probly been waiting for this too? Huh? And I even RESURVED IT!!!! Well anyways I?m very angry now that I have to make another trip 45 minutes out of my way to go get it? but it?s sooooo worth it!!! ^_^

    O.o sooo cheap for manga!!??!!?? (didn?t think it was possible) wow *is now VERY determined to learn Japanese*

    awwww poor Miyun!!!!! Well at least you have the downloaded ones for the time being ne? Don?t really know why I?m so excited about it being released when I have the entire series on cd and my compy? but I am >o<

    eh so after I went to Waldenbooks I went to go see Shrek 2. it was actually really cute and really well done. I was impressed. And of course they had an all star cast to do the voices. Love the cat defiantly my fav chara? especially when he pulls out his? secret weapon *evil laugh, evil laugh, evil laugh*

    alrighty well i'm off to bed hope this makes up for not posting past couple days. I'm so ashamed

  10. #20
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hoping is good. ^_^ it's always good to hope. ^^ no matter how contradictory it is.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    awww!!! don't worry, at least you've reserved it. ^^; one time i went to buy manga, someone got to the book i wanted before me! >_< they were HOLDING it, and it was the last one. T-T *tears* it was so depressing. I was staring at them for aaages. And anyway, you're right. Gravitation is always worth the wait. ^^;

    ^^ hey, there are translation sites online... you can get text translations and read them with the japanese manga. ._. it's a bit inconvenient, but once you get the hang of doing it, it's really good. ^^

    yeah. at least the downloaded ones are in my posession. [img]tongue.gif[/img] but unfortunately, some of them are really bad quality and stuff. *sighs* it's very annoying. ><; And it's also different to see it on the TV than on the computer screen. *nods*

    haven't seen Shrek 2. ._. i might see it eventually, but the Harry Potter movie just came out and i'm thinking of seeing that first. ^^

    *hugs* hope you have/had a nice rest. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •